📖 Day 10 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - TIME & SPACE

Yes! I love that story so much :two_hearts:

1 Like

This morning I woke from a very deep sleep feeling off balance. Time felt like an enemy. I was grateful to stand at my kitchen counter with my anxiety rising and focus on my breath and the feeling of the ground beneath my feet. I came back to here and now.This stabilized me enough to have the clear thought to go sit in proper meditation. Later at breakfast with my partner I found myself able to stay in a conversation and be present listening with care and compassion on a topic I had trouble relating to.I was even open about not relating! I am not always able to do this and it felt like growth.Actually given how discombobulated I felt when I woke up it felt miraculous! What a relief to be doing this work. Before I started meditating I would read Ram Dass and Pema Chodron and not know how to “get there from here”. I am starting to understand and it is a great gift!

4 Likes

I actually had a really powerful meditation with “just be” today. Right at the end of the meditation, when the bell rings, I felt that I wasn’t ready to finish meditation so I stayed. I then started feeling everything going on in my body very intensely, and still noticed thoughts coming and going but was not identified with them at all, just watching them. I also felt my body slightly moving back and forth with my heart beat, it was really interesting. I felt very fresh after this, it reminded me why I love meditation.

6 Likes

I loved reading this story you shared, Kathryn :hearts:

2 Likes

Love this! I think we can all relate to the grumbling. Such great relief when we can notice and just let it be! Thank you for sharing!

This reminds me of that prompt “watch your thoughts like watching leaves float down a river!” Thank you for the reminder!!

Flow state! The best. Ram Dass has a classic story where he is talking about these expanded states of consciousness - really “far out stuff” and an older woman in the front row is sitting and nodding. After the lecture he asks her, “how do you know about this stuff?” And her answer was “I crochet.”

3 Likes

Wow! What a powerful experience. Yes, we all need different ways in and binaural beats and guided meditations are so wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing this experience.

1 Like

I love this! The Ram Dass story of the picture of a blue sky with storm clouds, but the frame only allows us to see the clouds. and when we put it in just a bit bigger frame we can see the blue sky behind it. Sounds like exactly what you are doing! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

YES!!! The practice of coming back IS the practice!

Totally resonate with this!

1 Like

The key for so many of us I think!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Yes. So well said. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes. I think this is why the self compassion that Sharon Salzberg, Jack Kornfield, and Pema Chodron (and all the others) is such a key part of the practice.
Thank you for sharing. So helpful.

[quote=“Honor_Tuohy, post:16, topic:979”]
‘Future tripping’…
[

LOL!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :blush:

1 Like

Yes. I can feel it in these words! Thank you for the helpful reminders. I know I need them all of the time!

1 Like

Yes! This is it! This is why we do it! And hearing it, and remembering it, definitely makes me want to practice it as much as humanly possible!!

4 Likes

A powerful example of it happening in real time. THANK YOU for sharing this!!!

2 Likes

Yes. Another great real time example! Thank you Angela for sharing!!

2 Likes

When I get into the here and now, the things that bother me or bring me down fall away and I can experience the peace of the moment.

2 Likes