šŸ“– Day 4 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - TRANSMUTING ENERGY

ā€œWeā€™re all just walking each other homeā€
You are perfectly perfect where you are,just a different place on the pathā€¦

I really liked the story of the fire truck and also the concept that we are just extricating ourselves from ourselves, aka our wondering mind. What I have found helpful to be more connected to my ā€œpranā€ is to start my mornings for myself slowly. This has helped me to be more present. When I do not give myself this extra quiet and alone time, it affects me negatively and also makes me feel more rushed throughout my day. Remembering to fill my cup first has been a big part of my journey.

2 Likes

Hello beautiful people!

So how do I connect to pran ā€œenergyā€ that is all around me?
Saturday night I was out & the waiter over charge us for something we did not order. So we approached him to let him know that there was a mistakeā€¦ Well, the young man had a bad attitude towards itā€¦
So my old version or trigger would be to REACT.

However, witnesses myself feeling compassion. Feeling his energy & knowing that was not aroused by us.

So now weather itā€™s coming from interruption while in meditation or /& a moment in time ā€¦ I am learning to embrace that energy . Instead of wanting to be different I embrace as a part of peaceful experienceā€¦

I use my breath to begin to connect with my Qi. I watch my breath first, not trying to change it, just watching it. This helps me to understand my Qi. Then I work with the breath in different breath patterns depending on the desired outcome.

1 Like

When I was a child, and sometimes now when I am really open and unclouded, and tuned in, I can see energy dancing. Particularly when itā€™s dark. I
And Iā€™ve had experiences of seeing peopleā€™s souls as energy when they have passed on.
This was before I read anything Ram Dass said and wrote about energy.
I find it all fascinating. Pran, Chiā€¦ itā€™s all the sameā€¦ I am certain it is this, this that I have had only a small glimpse into.

I was considering taking up yoga. I have done it in the past, but now i feel like it would be spiritually beneficial. I like the idea of moving meditation.

1 Like

I can relate. There seems to be a western tendency to take artistic liberties in comparing religion and mythologies to science. Sometimes the word based connections work, other times they create more forms and attachments. One of my teachers recently articulated a view that comparisons to science are a bit of a distraction, or straw house.

The question is whether they help me discover absolute truths, provisional truths, or merely more illusions. The language can often be archaic and imprecise, limiting precise investigation and application.

Iā€™m still discovering how to test some of these ideas. Insight isnā€™t always spontaneous, timely, or immediately transcribed to word based thoughts.

Iā€™m not sure if the term pran resonates with me or not. I need to learn more about it. To the extent that it may be related to Tao, I do find my tendency to try to forceably craft the moment and/or result to often start, proceed, and result with phenomena that are unrelated to wholesome results. Not following the path of least resistance. Flow. Often in conflict. No conversion of energy. Reified conditions. That said, insights come from all results.

Mindfulness Practice:
Iā€™ve been putting a bit of effort into expanding my mindfulness repertoire/ practice. Union meditation with mindfulness meditation seems a bit unproductive unless the monkey mind is busy; otherwise, my mind wanders but its more silliness and fiction than anything grounded in clay and mud.

Walking Meditation:
Iā€™ve been trying walking meditation but realize my mind is active and irritable most of the time. A peer in another group I participate suggested counting with each step. I tried this, in addition to focusing on the experience of each step, and realized I was no longer looking at the ground throughout the entire walk (often 2 hrs).

Walking Meditation & Counting Steps:
With the counting, my mind was less likely to engage internal destructive narratives. I felt the feet on the ground, I softly counted 1-10, my head spontaneously raised itself up and I was looking at the trees, buildings, people, life, the air, and was elevated from ā€˜trapped inside my mindā€™ to an ā€˜intersection of mind and environmentā€™. I was much more present, and the experience was significantly improved. I continue the practice.

The Breath During Conflict:
Other times, in interpersonal conflict, I half focus on the in and out breathe. This has helped me realize a more proximate stillness of mind, compassion, ability to listen, and certainly less reactivity. Iā€™m no saint in conflict, but Iā€™m less likely to throw TNT on the fire when I follow this practice. ā€˜Weā€™ are closer as a result. A process, but a healthy one worth continuing.

1 Like

I find it a wonderful practice - talking about asana, here - but there are many paths of yoga, many ā€œdifferent yogasā€, as Ram Dass has said before and as are being shown in this course.

I didnā€™t know Dr. Fauci talked about frequencies j/k :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a great explaination. Thank you. I think of Hanuman kind of like the shaper of the journey. Heā€™s like the way things are presented to you on this path to awareness and oneness. Itā€™s sort of an unfolding from an unknown unknown, where he gives us things we didnā€™t even know we wanted yet. Maybe thatā€™s way off though too.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of desire as the vessel that energy moves through. As we begin to work with desire to shape reality, we are really working with energy. This energy will manifest the reality.

Letā€™s use our intentions as well. We may desire positive things in life which will create a vessel to harness positive energy. My intent is to be more loving, compassionate and spiritually aware. As our energy flows through these intentions and desires, we begin to experience an evolution of our consciousness.

This consciousness is the same energy that flows through every interconnected thing in the universe. It begins to not only form from the individual, but also the external environment begins to shape around this energy.

These wonderful spiritual practices can transform our desires and lead to a greater sense of inner peace and fullfillment. :pray:

2 Likes