šŸ“– Day 8 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - STUDY

I actually havenā€™t read Fr Rohrā€™s Enneagram work. He was at the forefront of its development, but it isnā€™t his main focus now. Iā€™m being taught under Russ Hudson (almost 3 years now as Iā€™m being certified in Enneagram teaching/coaching).

1 Like

Oh yes! I adore Richard Rohr! He and Father Greg are good friends. :slight_smile:

If you want to just get a little taste of Father Greg, heā€™s been interviewed on a lot of podcasts.

And here is one of my favorite videos of him (6 minutes):

6 Likes

Thanks, Jacquelyn!

1 Like

Thank you! Will check it out :pray:

1 Like

I love Alan Watts but I havenā€™t actually read any of his books yet. What you say about him sounds so interesting. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s beautiful!

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m just going to paraphrase something that the Bhagavad Gita seem to say over and over in different ways: Come to me, place your mind upon me, and you will be free. Those who place their hearts and minds upon me, the Lord, Krishna, will come to me. As I read the Gita, in various of its chapters this message is repeatedā€“Seek Me, the Source of your Being, by whatever name you call me, and you will find me and be free.

7 Likes

I will check out the Father Greg Boyle book! I know Jack Kornfield often references Homeboy Industries and this book, sounds really cool! Thanks!

2 Likes

All of these books look very interesting, I will add them to my reading list. I havenā€™t heard this Pema audio recording before, and yes hearing Ram Dass mention Gurdjieff has gotten me interested so The Reality of Being looks great. And Richard Rohr, I know Pete Holmes often talks of him. Richard Rohr seems to be highly recommended on here, so thank you! I look forward to checking all this out.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing Louisa and that awesome quote. :pray::sparkles::seedling:

2 Likes

One of my favorite books is by Dan Millman and itā€™s called The Laws of Spirit ~ a tale of transformation. Hereā€™s a great quote from it:
ā€˜ā€™May you find grace as you surrender to life. May you find happiness, as you stop seeking it. May you come to trust these laws and inherit the wisdom of the Earth. May you reconnect with the heart of nature and feel the blessings of Spirit.ā€™ā€™ :green_heart::sparkles::seedling:

Thanks for sharing all these great books and quotes everyone :pray:

4 Likes

I have been inspired by several traditions and subjects, from yogacara, to modern day heroes of the dharma, to secular visions. Studies that have grounded my practice, shaped my vision of what is possible, and informed the journey along the way.

Gendun Chophel. Venerable Master Taixu. Stephen Batchelor. Yogacara. Tim Ward. Noah Levine.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.32.16 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.31.45 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.31.01 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.29.11 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.30.00 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.37.22 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-23 4.44.50 PM

5 Likes

Ordering this book right now!

I enjoy listening to Alan watts lectures while going about my day.

3 Likes

My goal this year is to focus on the Bhagavad Gita. This is the second translation I have read. Reading the Gita has sparked my soul more than any other holy book thus far. It is always fun to see where we are, on our journey and what we respond to.

10 Likes

The Ram Dass Love Serve Remember Foundation (LSRF) also has a Gita course similar to this one:

5 Likes

Wow! So many wonderful books! So much to see!
I write Poetry. A Sample:

Love & Light

Love and light

Among the purest

The world has ever known.

Visionaries gifts shine so brightly

From their hear, that all in their

Presence feel empowered and free.

The power within illuminates others visions.

Waves of energy course through the beings of

Light reflecting a passion for life and for others.

A true visionary is at times misunderstood.

Such brilliance of the highest vibration

Comes as soft as a breeze and as fierce as a

Dragonā€™s fire.

10 Likes

a favorite Rumi quote :hearts: I really enjoyed todayā€™s lesson and reading everyoneā€™s shares. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Debra, this poem you wrote is so beautiful :hearts:

3 Likes

thank you for this recommendation, Rachael! Iā€™m going to get this from the library asap :slight_smile:

1 Like

:100: :100:

This quote reminds me of a brick house analogy that I enjoy. The bricks are our values, and the style of the home is our belief system. The house becomes reality, and our spacious awareness lives inside the house. Itā€™s kind of like our values shape beliefs and our beliefs shape reality.

4 Likes