Heartfulness Course - Day 1 - Intentions

Access the Course: The Yoga of Heartfulness 4-Week Course • Ram Dass

Do not underestimate the power of intentions. Please take a moment to journal why you signed up for this course, what you hope to have gained/learned/embodied by the end, and what will get in the way of completing it.

Share your intentions here. You might inspire each other! And it might help keep you accountable.

4 Likes

By the end, I hope to be more connected to the sweetness in my own heart. To drop into that before (or quickly after) I go to judgement, anger, or fear. To recognize myself as a blessings and reject the voices that keep me in deficiency models.

5 Likes

My intentions are to know my heart more closely and to be love more automatically. The mechanics often get in the way and I want to recognize that, accept it, and move closer to the one. It comes easier in type/text and I want that ease in consciousness. :pray: :green_heart:

5 Likes

I desire to connect more fully with my own heart. I want to extend myself more compassion and to extend that compassion to others. I have faith that my relationship to self, others, studies and profession will all benefit from this focus.

4 Likes

My intention is to spend less time in the mind and more time in the heart - the more I’m able to be here now, present to myself, in whatever my experience is, the more I’m able to be present to others - in connection in which the borders between “myself” and “others” dissolve into… love?

8 Likes

I want to better cultivate a sense of loving awareness so I can help others see that they are the embodiment of love.

5 Likes

I want to be where personal liberation gets facilitated. I want to coax that ego to settle down.

5 Likes

I’d like to reaffirm the sense of love that I have within me - that we all have - and to strengthen the link from my head to my heart, so that acting and serving from the heart space becomes more automatic - such as when I am challenged by how I may perceive others and my own shortcomings, but to be more acknowledging that I am (we are) loving awareness, at all times, and no matter what may be going on around me.

5 Likes

My intentions are to grow and learn to keep my heart wide open in the face of the suffering of the world and our everyday lives. I have a famy of my own and I struggle with reconciling what I’ve been learning and my actions as a father and spouse as my karma is vast and seems to have a long time to run off. I hope to end this course being love and existing in that space whenever possible. I also hope to learn how to better understand and live with difficult people and what parts of myself I’m projecting or seeing in them.

namaste.

7 Likes

Thank you! My intention is to return to a place of more openness in my heart and a sense of trust in others. I’ve developed guarding and fear after some painful experiences. I want to feel love and faith in my fellow beings. I want to feel the truth of our universality and connection. I want to feel my heart.

4 Likes

THIS!!! :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: cultivating this type of self awareness and heartfulness is powerful. It can often reveal “unpleasant” parts of ourselves that we have yet to acknowledge or would rather stay blind to. Give yourself ALLLLLLLLL the grace and love during this process. As our beloved Ram Dass would say “and that too…” Namaste :heart:

7 Likes

My intention is to open my heart to my own procrastination, knowing myself without judgements and also to seek guidance to better decisions for present and future moments. I intend to cultivate a beautiful relationship with myself, and in turn radiate that to people around me and the community without any expectations.

4 Likes

This is a tough question. Differentiating intentions from expectations. Wholesome results from striving and attachments. For me, my intention is to intend without contracting. To expand and open myself to ‘others’ and ‘self.’ Not specifically to reach singulary or union, but to harmonize. Not specifically striving for continuous unmitigated presence in here and now, but sufficient harmonization and alignment to open the heart, mirror compassion, and heal divisions and results that come from illusions and ignorance.

5 Likes

I want to become more practiced and confident in allowing myself to keep opening up to the moment and seeing through the lens of my heart regardless of the circumstance in front of me, trusting the wisdom of my heart.

6 Likes

I begin this with the intention of learning how to love without losing my Self. To keep a soft heart but good boundaries. And regain my ability to keep the love all around, even in negative moments, not to ignore the negative but to find a new depth.

6 Likes

I’m hoping to use this course to elevate my spiritual pursuits to the realm of Sanga, going from purely private study through books/ podcasts/ etc. and individual meditation practice to taking some baby steps toward finding myself in a spiritual community! I’m not a super-social person so I’m not expecting this to happen overnight!
In general I’m just excited to absorb wisdom and hopefully become more open to people and more skillful and fluent with my love and compassion. I’ve also been feeling a little lost for direction lately in terms of my daily spiritual practice, so I’m hoping to gain some inspiration and maybe pick up a thing or two along the way. For instance, tonight’s session with Mirabai Starr was great for that in particular, loved hearing about the daily practice she’s kept since she was 15 - ending each day with some poetry from various cultural wisdom traditions.

Also for the sake of accountability, as a personal goal I want to learn the Hanuman Chalissa… for a month that might be a bit much, but please hold me accountable for at least 10 verses!

4 Likes

Hi Zach,
Totally feel you on the “not a super-social person” vibe! These Zooms fill me in a comfortable way, the discourse community is so insightful also. About two months ago I started a morning practice, only 30 minutes, but it’s made a world of difference. I wish you luck on the Hanuman Chalissa, please share how it’s going…and opening your heart and loving yourself for making the effort in all the perfection and imperfection. :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you Dana! :smiling_face:

These Zooms are quite comfortably filling, really looking forward to Thursday! Interested in hearing more about your morning practice if you’d like to share, otherwise wishing you all the best too :pray:

1 Like

My intention is to surrender to the unconditional love of my heart and the universe’s heart

2 Likes