Heartfulness Course - Day 3 - Small Moments

Access the Course: The Yoga of Heartfulness 4-Week Course • Ram Dass

Name a few simple things in your day that help open your heart. For example, the smell of lilacs, the sound of rain, the feeling of your pet’s fur, the sunrise/moonrise/sunset. The possibilities are endless. Post a photo if you like.

Sharing this practice helps all of us as it bombards us with small moments of love. It also helps us see how we are both connected and also different from one another.

4 Likes

The beauty of the mountains.
Morning snuggles with my kitty!

4 Likes

The little Bearded Dragon named Joy…she was born with mobility challenges and makes my heart happy everyday. :green_heart: :pray:t2:

7 Likes

Mountains and my new granddaughter :purple_heart:

8 Likes
  • Lambs playing with each other

• Blossoming and blooming plants in the spring

4 Likes

Just being with nature and knowing we’re all connected gives me comfort.

6 Likes

Today we’re enjoying the calm before the storm and the smell of rain nearing our valley :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

3 Likes

Love your shares! Now what opens my heart is the sound of a black bird singing in the dusk… I can hear the bird through the open window. And the thought that it is all the Divine, the black bird, the sound, the air that carries the sound, my ears, my power of hearing, the mind in which the thought arises… And the thought that nothing is “my”. It’s all the Divine.

4 Likes

Doing just about anything with my dogs. They live life to the fullest, unencumbered by thoughts or cares. They help me see the essence of life and let the rest just go by.

8 Likes

The practice of seeing everyone as part of larger systems of families. As children of their parents, with their love, hopes, and aspirations. As a potentiality to both heal and transform suffering

3 Likes

A flickering and crackling fire…

6 Likes

Awesomeness!!

4 Likes

Looking at my teenager. Watering my garden and noticing what has changed since yesterday. The blue of the sky can take my breath away.

5 Likes

yoga, belly laughs, soulful conversations

4 Likes

I tend to appreciate the little things like a ray of sunshine coming through the treeline twinkling through the leaves or the smell of fresh air and birds chirping. On good days my attention rests in the beauty of people just peopling, whether they look happy or sad or irritated, just watching and realizing, after getting lost, that must be how God looks at us and all creation just ‘wow, look at them go!’ and resting in the appreciation. I love nature and when my kids do something unexpected and loving like my eldest has recently taken to noticing when I don’t feel 100% and asking me if I’m alright with total sincerity and genuinity or when my son makes some kind of art or craft just to spread creativity and love in the world, especially when he’s feeling less than loving and kind. I could go on and on because when I’m in the spirit everything serves as a reminder to open my heart and keep it open.

3 Likes

I shared a lovely walk among the trees. I appreciated watching the changing of the sunlight with moving branches and leaves, smelling the freshness in the breeze, and listening to each of the birds’ songs while walking my dog. She was so happy with a little skip in her step and wagging her tail when I would celebrate with her. I was practicing taking time to slowly place my feet with each step. It felt so nice to feel my entire foot spread out and meet the ground. “Deep breaths, I kept saying to myself. Take the time.” I just soaked it all in!

3 Likes

I planted a little veg garden today and the dirt under my nails brought me so much joy. Pouring my heart into these veggies as I seek to continue my practice of love.

6 Likes

a morning gratitude practise shared with a friend

the sun as it rises over the water through my kitchen window

the sound of my friend’s twins giggling and gooing at each other

the look of love found through the eyes of another

5 Likes

Used to be the sweet, toddler-like affection I’d receive from my little boy Geo

Had to leave him behind with family when I joined the Navy, but I still get little hits of love and joy whenever they text me updates about him

It’s so nice seeing him so loved and cared for while I have to be away, though I do feel a bit like a deadbeat dad at times, it brings me such peace to see him nestling in the heart space of my dearest :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes