Heartfulness Course - Day 4 - Little Shmoos

Just remember. You were and always are good enough…

4 Likes

my temper- sometimes revert to toddler even at 55!:slight_smile: and i love that toddler. i really liked a point someone made about Sharon S. catching herself chastising herself, and she immediately then said…“and I love you” that is a big part of my work with ‘my aspects of self’, my schmoos

6 Likes

Does it help to read these and see the similarities we share?

6 Likes

definitely.

1 Like

Ah, my self-righteous indignation :innocent: which often manifests at work - doctors (them) acting like jerks, complicating our (nurses) work.

2 Likes

Yes! I feel less like a uniquely flawed individual and more like a human being.

1 Like

Terrible paralyzing fear of physical suffering that takes me away from life as I know it now.

4 Likes

It is reassuring how many schmoos I share with others :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Schmoos:
~ being co-dependent on others for my happiness
~ not grounding myself enough to finish projects I.e. daydreaming too much
~ dwelling too much on the past (a segue from daydreaming)
And many more I can’t contextualize at the moment :grinning:

5 Likes

A great meditation with a lot of peace, but then getting really annoyed with my family

6 Likes

I try my best too!! :pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Oh yes! Perfectionism for sure… wanting to be past all my humanness. Ram Dass has helped me so much in accepting my humanity. My ego lights up hearing “Oh wow, you’re so young, it’s so wonderful you’re on this path”. I’ve been called “the wise one” by my family from a young age, and while it’s true that I’ve felt like an old soul/had a lot of clarity for as long as I remember, I think these compliments have funnily enough, created fear and attachment around having human flaws. When you get praised for something so much, not only does it become part of your identity but you learn that this thing is what makes you lovable, acceptable etc, and you fear not being/acting in that way for even a moment because what would that mean? The psychologist in me loves to analyze it, haha!

6 Likes

I used to fear losing what I “have”… if you are serious about overcoming that fear, I recommend Stephen Levine’s “Who Dies”. And if uninterested in that, I totally get that too. Either way, best wishes.

4 Likes

Self worth…

Mostly it’s the result of comparing myself negatively…
There’s also the immediate judgement that follows.
And then another judgement about that :slight_smile:

So, first there’s the negative comparison that I’m a shit, then second there’s the judgement that I still compare myself negatively with others, and then there’s the judgement that I have to be more kind… Etc.

Great biggie loop shmoo

I decided to stop trying to do something

4 Likes

I relate to this so much, Angela. I too find that in addition to the fear of having/showing human flaws, that I have adopted the responsibility to upkeep and uphold that role of “wise one”. I’ve let it define my worth (or my lovability as you said) and therefore attached stakes to it. Because if that is no longer true, then do I even have value? I’ve made something that started out as inherently true and honest turn into a personality trait that requires continuous maintenance.

2 Likes

Yes, you said it perfectly! Guess this is just part of our work… it sounds like we both understand it very well intellectually, and now just have to do the work to release our clinging to this identity. Being vulnerable about it here has already helped me break down the fear a little bit. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seeking harmony through things like work, people and vices which I guess comes from a place of unworthiness I have held within

6 Likes

My big shmoos: Always wanting more, and wanting to have control over people and situations

5 Likes

Hopping on for a quick ride on the Shmoo Train - I wonder if Shmoos are not divine consciousness at play keeping us from attachment. Say to the practice? For example, practice gives us what we need when we need it for life’s ups and downs, but somehow the distraction of practice becoming more keeps us from actually being present
with life as it goes up and down.

3 Likes

A shoo for me is my the engrained education that I won’t be enough, that I’m unworthy to feel what I desire and aspire to my goals.

3 Likes