Heartfulness Course - Jai's Dharma Talk

Access the Course: The Yoga of Heartfulness 4-Week Course • Ram Dass

What were your favorite moments from Jai’s Dharma talk? What questions came up? Here is your chance to share and learn from each other.

1 Like

What absolute joy to listen to Jai speak from the heart. That was fully magical. One of my favorite moments came at the end when he was talking about Siddhi Ma telling him that it didn’t matter what he was feeling. That was just a new idea for me, whoa do I feel attached to how I’m feeling when I doing just about anything. What does it matter? Gosh, what a relief to explore letting that go.

10 Likes

So I did leave a few minutes early and I hope I didn’t miss too much. This week’s Darshan left me filled to the brim and overflowing with love and positive energy. I felt a real connection with Jai when he was answering my question and I felt my heart deepen and widen even further. I had also never done japa with another being, to my direct awareness, let alone the entire group of us on the call and my heart and third eye both were radiating with love. I never expected to have these things happen nor did I ever intend any of it, not even after I really started honing in on my sadhana.

I am so incredibly grateful to be a part of this course and be in communion with you all! I can’t even begin to properly express my gratitude and love for being here with you all.

namaste.

5 Likes

I noticed Jai mentioning that Maharaji had a sort of high pitched voice - that was something I always wondered about. There a lot of versions of the Maharaji Ram japa recording floating out there and some of them are weirdly pitch shifted, I’m glad to get some confirmation from Jai tonight on that tiny matter!
Was anyone else surprised when they first heard what Baba actually sounded like? When I first read about him, that was not what my imagination conjuired!

Beautiful talk, I’m still buzzing from it! It’s so nice being able to gather around like this virtually, really feels like a trip to a community center, minus the drive :heart:
Someone in the chat mentioned feeling like they were transported to a temple after Jai sung - very much felt that way too. Powerful, powerful, we are so blessed :sparkles:

4 Likes

I actually heard Jai doing his voice and heard the small, inner voice go, ‘that’s Maharaj-ji’ s voice’ not an imitation, he spoke through him for those few repetitions of Ram.

3 Likes

I am blown away by how great that was! The community, great host :wink:, and AMAZINGLY down to Earth Jai! There were so many take-aways and consciousness-shifts tonight…from doing Japa together, having a primary source reveal Maharaji’s voice, actions, and spirit, Jai talking about his anger #real-life!, and the tenderness mixed with cutting wisdom from Siddhi Ma. This is truly a gem and I’m very grateful.

There is so much to strengthen my spirit from Jai and his essence. So much motivation is flowing right now…pure love to this sangha :pray: :green_heart: :heart: :pray:

5 Likes

Incredible

This was my first time doing Japa, it was all new to me! Didn’t have anything else on hand so just grabbed my old Rosary beads :joy:
Are you supposed to go slow and deliberate? One bead per repetition? I noticed sometimes Jai would sing the name and sometimes he would just say it very firmly, is this a sort of “follow your heart” kind of exercise?

3 Likes

Good questions, my first time too. I need to listen to the Ram Dass “Japa” lesson, which I’ll do tomorrow. I wasn’t expecting it to be so powerful. Seems like a “follow your heart” type of practice…which I welcome! :pray: :monkey: :pray:

2 Likes

That’s fantastic that you grabbed a rosary! Same exact tool, different lineage. There is a certain level of play with japa just like kirtan, at least in my experience. Some days I’m just doing it and some days I’ve completely dropped back into the witness and I’m attending to all the levels of the practice and other days my heart is so wide open it’s just all pouring out of there. The whole spiritual trip is really based on feeling your way through it, again, in my experience.

3 Likes

Servant leadership. Contextualized practice. A wholistic approach to practicing heartfulness.

1 Like

Yes! That hit a chord for me as well.

2 Likes

Yes, one bead per repetition. My suggestion is to savor it. To be with the sound. To not rush but to keep it moving enough that you don’t fade off into thoughts. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Jai is a treasure and his devotion shines through his music. Grateful to be in his circle :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Jai was great and I’d never heard him perform live before, even though I’ve heard his name for years. Very moving

2 Likes

Jai’s Dharma talk with our group felt intimate and kind to me. I honestly felt like we were all in one room together and it was such sacred energy. I will not forget that feeling. I wanted to hear every word of each story. Those moments when his love for the memory bubbled up so unfiltered with a reverent pause. It is incredibly touching. Blessed evening.

3 Likes

I loved it when Jai said each bead in a japa is like “the next episode.” That calls up such a quality of being in the moment. It was also deeply moving to hear him speak about vulnerability and honesty. And POW - Siddhi Ma’s wisdom around “what does it matter what you’re feeling? This is your service.” There’s something to ponder next time I get caught up in the “It’s All About Me” show. Next episode coming soon, no doubt! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Just wanted to add how lovely it is to be able to hear these stories and wisdom as part of this group. Just to be in the Presence. Thank you, Jacquelyn, for making this possible.

2 Likes

His stories making me smile! What a storyteller! Loved every part of it, but want to re-listen it as well, cause I was cooking. Cannot listen to the live part because it’s in the middle of the night.

Jai’s explanation of the Ramana - M I N D B LO W I N G - I can listen to his stories for weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes