đź“– - Progress on the Path

These are from day one of the 21-day course. Curious, how do these statements land with you?

P.S. - Not signed up for the course yet? Sign up here: https://ramdass.teachable.com/purchase?product_id=4599789

7 Likes

These two quotes really resonate. Six mnths after a relationship break up of 21 years I have felt quite lost and at the same time awakened to my selfishness and lower level communication , fight and flight. Ive lost all the air in my tyres and now learning to live with myself and LEARN. I am now sharing a big house with my daughter and 4 mokopuna ( grandchildren) I am npw part of their lives and relearning fast about children and how wonderful and alive they are. My ex us still best friend and Im still very much hoping I can understand about letting go and loving myself properly. Im ready and feel this origramme will help too.
Arohanui
Rob

7 Likes

Origami lol

Like both quotes but I find the idea of a “lower self” inaccurate perhaps. A key to finding enlightenment is realizing it’s all one self. Transcending that duality of separate and good and bad is crucial. But I can also understand the fact that this duality is where we all start.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing Rob. A big journey to be sure and it sounds like you are using it as “grist for the mill”. Not easy but incredibly beautiful.

1 Like

Ohhhh Jeremy…I like that. Yes, “lower self” isn’t the best termonology at all. It’s almost more like the part that forgets…but that too is part of the wholeness right?!?

5 Likes

Very true. I’m glad you understand what I mean. I didn’t want to come off as thinking I know better than the author by any means. I clearly do not but I know that seeing reality for what it really is involves seeing through that kind of duality. We are all just what and where we are. Ideas like “lower self” can lead to shame and self-loathing along with that sense of not being quite good enough. Those things are never helpful in the journey.

Perhaps in a way that’s what Ramakrishna meant. As you progress, the lower self vanishes because you stop seeing that duality. No higher self, no lower self.

8 Likes

I love these two quotes. I hadn’t heard them before. They both resonate with me, certainly when I think of times in my life we’re I feel my practice, my “getting high” has stagnated or stalled. And then, our of nowhere, it takes off again. I am getting more used to accepting these times as being as much a part of the journey as the inclining highs.

2 Likes

In the second quote, when I read the word “stranded” what came to mind is The Void, emptiness. There is this point in which the layers have been peeled back and back, deeper and deeper, and one is left with a startling experience of emptiness. At first this can produce fear and almost panic—”what am I? Do I even exist?” I imagine that many times on the path we get glimpses of this and likely not a full embodiment. But in the void we can understand that there is an even deeper, purer beingness that we don’t create/achieve. It feels like being stranded, but it’s actually an opening to this spacious beingness.

3 Likes

That first one is so incredibly gorgeous. It really hit—it just falls away. Amazing how things that used to “fix” me—distract me—no longer serve me. The second one brings to mind the idea that the obstacle is the path. Which pisses me off at the time LOL, but there it is. I want to learn to ride that wave.

4 Likes

For Ramakrishna’s quote I resonate with transformation…having faith the process will unfold in all form. We have a general idea of “the one” or “whole” and going toward that possibility. And working with all the changes along the way, both comfortable and uncomfortable.

For Vivekananda’s quote I feel like the easy stuff will fall away, or progress, first, and the strong attachments will require more effort. Don’t give up!

1 Like

I am new here. Had my awakening a few months ago. Since then i have immersed myself in all the info i can. My “lower” self really hates this. But i moments of pure clarity. I am in central Texas so my path doesnt resonate much to the locals, much less my fianceé. There are no groups near me unfortunately and its hard to talk with her about what i am experiencing. But i use this as part of my Dharma because thats what i got lol its great to find this place. :pray:

2 Likes

Hi Casey,
Did you sign up for the Heartfulness course starting on May 14th? I did and am really looking forward to it! I totally understand about others around you not understanding this spiritual path. My partner is not into spirituality at all, but she completely supports all I do to be who I need to be, so this fellowship/community helps a lot! :grinning:
Take Care,
Dana

1 Like

I have not yet. I will look into it Thanks!!

1 Like