Ram Dass Quotes

So we all know “Be Here Now” as a Ram Dass quote. Are there others that have helped you in your life? “Be Love Now” etc?

2 Likes

No havnt read RamDass since a teen , late 60s.
Keen to jump back in.
Mauriora!

2 Likes

I think “Love everybody and tell the truth” is a wonderful one. It runs through my mind a lot. There are so many, though.

I really like the one about opening your eyes, or keeping them open to suffering, else our happiness is only based on fear.

I think that’s a more general RD quote, rather than from a book - but it’s so relevant to these times that we’re living in and the call to social justice and climate change.

6 Likes

Namaste :pray:t3: Ram Ram :hibiscus::pray:t3: For this traveler, many of Ram Dass’ quotes have been received just when needed most. “We are all just walking each other home” is a favorite.
“There’s much more in any given moment than we usually perceive, and that we ourselves are much more than we perceive. When you know that, part of you can stand outside the drama of your life.”
“As you dissolve into love, your ego fades. You’re not thinking about loving; you’re just being love, radiating like the sun.”
“Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being, we are enough.”
Dhanyavad, thank you Ram Dass ji, your light still shines even after you have left your body house. Forever may it shine. Jai Jai Sri Hanuman :hibiscus::pray:t3:

9 Likes

My FAVORITE!!!
“I can do nothing for you but work on myself…you can do nothing for me but work on yourself! ”

11 Likes

I like this Ram Dass quote I heard in one of his podcast episodes. He said:
“A profound flip occurs when you recognize that suffering is actually grace. The only reason you’re suffering is because you’re holding a secret stash of attachment somewhere or u wouldn’t be suffering. No attachment no suffering. You’re only suffering because you think it oughta be other than the way it is.”

6 Likes

I saw this posted on my social media feed last week and saved it to my phone. It resonates with me deeply:

Text: "When you go out into the woods, and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just al ow it. you appreciate the tree.

The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying, ‘You are too this, or I’m too this.’ That judgement mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are."

• Ram Dass
7 Likes

Yes!!! This is a beauty!

1 Like

“When you know how to listen, everybody is the guru.” Plus I want this shirt to tell the world!

6 Likes

“II’M LOVING AWERNESS, I’M LOVING AWARNESS”

This is one of my favorites and what i’m trying to do everyday, but its very difficult to do.

5 Likes

I am loving awareness is one I am connecting more profoundly with currently.

RAM, RAM has been a good companion in the way along with a Mantra in the cookbook:

ADITYA HRIDAYAM PUNYAM
SARV SHATRU BENA SHENAM

:shell:

4 Likes

“Loving awareness” :heart:

3 Likes

My current favorite that I am using daily for perspective and grounding through transitions: “Everywhere you look, you see what you’re looking for… If you’re looking for God, you will see God.”

The lecture this quote comes from is especially profound.

6 Likes

“We’re all just walking each other home”

2 Likes

Every Ram Dass lecture is my favorite, but its hard to top this one. As you say, very profound. What a change in perspective he offers with this.

1 Like