START HERE: About Ram Dass' Yoga of Heartfulness Course

I’m Mari from Finland. I no longer remember how I bumped on Ram Dass, but I bumped on him in my search for… wholeness? I love the concept heartfulness because I spend too much time in the mind, in the past or the future instead of now, there instead of here - I don’t want to be mindful, I want to be heartful, I don’t want to love, I want to be (in) love. I won’t be able to join the live talks (time zone) but I’m excited to be here and learn from so many who inspire me. My intention is to spend less time in the mind and more time in the heart - when I’m here now, present to myself, in whatever the experience is, I can also be present to others. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you for inviting me to be here and introduce myself. I live in and am participating in this course from Millcreek, Utah, in the Salt Lake City metropolitan area. I “grew up” in a suburb a little north of Salt Lake, still on the Wasatch [Mountain Range] Front. From early childhood, while possessed of a certain spiritual sensitivity, I also responded strongly to the abundant “Nice suit!” reinforcements directed at me. As teenagers in the late 1980s, some friends and I found ourselves culturally influenced by the original hippie generation. My hippieness was another suit, even if hipper and more independently selected than earlier iterations. During that phase I heard the name Ram Dass associated with Timothy Leary and his departure from Harvard. My friend Matt Moore enthusiastically showed me his copy of Be Here Now. Though I dismissed it then, a seed was planted. Suits wear thin with time. Decades after Matt’s introduction, the seed within me sprouted, and I now receive Ram Dass as part of a committed program of personal liberation. My awakening is slow; I sense a tremendous karmic burden. Joining this course now is part of the project.

3 Likes

Hi all, my name is Alison and I live in Boston. I have been familiar with Ram Dass for quite some time, all thanks to my mother! I have not personally explored his work until quite recently. I have encountered much in the way of personal change over the course of the past year; Dass’ teachings are so resonant as I continue on my journey. I look forward to the next few weeks with you all.

2 Likes

Hiya, Liz from Michigan here. I think I stumbled across Ram Dass’s work when I was in undergrad, honestly, looking for way to argue with my professors. In a never ending search for something different or new and to create a different depth. I have goals of collaborating with horses to help humans heal and I find his work to be sentient based that is across all species. I hope to leave with a safety in my heart and the ability to trust what it’s telling me is always in my best interest.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Annie and I am glad to be in the course. I have been aware of Ram Dass for a long time and have read some of his books as well as done some other courses. I became more tuned in to him through Krishna Das plus reading the book about Maharaji that he edited many years ago.

I hope to leave feeling less lonely and isolated and more anchored in my heart, more connected to others, perhaps part of the community.

2 Likes

hey,
carpo here.
first time to any Ram Das course.
Question please?
one of the early units says: " Core Audio Teaching: The Path of Love (14:27)".
there seems to only be a transcript though. Is that correct?

i’ve read the transcripts on the first 4 weekly teachings;
there is no audio or video just transcript.
oh well that’s life

thanks
warm bows to all of you

1 Like

Hi, I’m Kirk from Vermont. So glad to be here with you all. I first heard about Ram Das in college, 30 plus years ago as I ventured into the realms of the Grateful Dead and all the associated frolicking :grin:I hope to delve deeper into my heart, to realign with my soul and to be all on. Choosing to engage with this online group is a big step as I’ve had real clarity lately that I need Sangha, partners on the path and I don’t have that in my daily physical life. I am a solo guy by nature in many ways, yet feel this deep yearning to connect now and to find help along the way to stay open in this challenging world and personal
Life. Thanks to everyone for being here with me. I and I vibrations are positive, yeah! Love Bob Marley❤️

4 Likes

Hi,
My name is Amy Baumann. I am very grateful to be in this space with you all. I am taking the course in North Carolina. I was introduced to Ram Dass when I was given a copy of Be Here Now in the 1980s. That was a turning point for me. Continued dedication to the path I continue to hang on for the ride, learning new things all the time! My intention for myself in joining the Heartfulness Course is to practice connection and ignite remembrance of the magical expansion of the heart space through the infusion and potency that comes when we gather and practice such truth teachings together. Namasté~

2 Likes

I last saw Ram Das on Maui at KD’s kirtan, not long before he passed. In the middle of another life bump, I saw this class and jumped in. Grateful to be here now :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hey everyone, my name is Lidia and I’m based in Los Angeles, CA.
Excited for this course and to be joining this heart-centered space. I first discovered Ram Dass a few years ago through a recommended video of one of his talks.
My intention for this course is to open to trust, and live from this ease of being and openness that is my true nature.

3 Likes

Namaste everyone <3
My name is Liz, I am from Nashville, Tennessee, but currently live in Southern Oregon, and I am so grateful to be a part of this course and community!
I first heard of Ram Dass in 2020 and started listening to the Here and Now podcast in 2021. The teachings from his lectures have profoundly affected and infiltrated my path since then in a way that goes far beyond words. Through grace and love, I feel the sprouting of seeds planted by the transmission in his words, and I am so blessed to be a part of this beautiful community that feels and experiences that same love and grace.
My intention for this course is to let go of expectations and tensions that keep me from being in my heart and body in my day-to-day life, deepen my honor and connection to the Divine Mother, and learn how to live in Gratitude and come from love more consistently in life, and to become open as a channel to transmit that love to everyone and everything around me.
Thank you all for being here, thank you for having me. So much love to all of you and to all Beings,
Blessings & Sat Nam :om:

2 Likes

Hi All! I’m Dominique from Northern California. This is my first course in this community and I’m really looking forward to being part of it! I’m here to practice fully opening my heart :pray:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Susie I am in this course to find inspiration and wisdom as well as a touchstone to keep myself on the path of tapping into the aliveness of here and now and just appreciating to the fullest. thank you

2 Likes

happy to have met you in our group this morning Raj
Perhaps we can meet for chai next time I come to Delhi
Ram Ram ~ HD

1 Like

Thank you. It was a pleasure to interact. Would love to host you for a cup of chai!

1 Like

Hi I’m Karen from Todmorden, West Yorkshire in the UK, I have listened to Ram Dass on YouTube for a few years and have also studied Bhakti Yoga for 3 years. My intention is to continue to renew my meditation practice, deepen my sense of heartfulness and acceptance of self and bring a sense of awareness of the sacred to every day actions so that I can best serve God.
I’m quite reclusive so am looking forward to engaging in satsang.

1 Like

Hello all. I have loved Ram Dass from the 1960s. He has been the loving and entertaining wayshower for all these years. As I am in the 4th quarter of my life it is more important than ever to reside in my heart in all circumstances, wanting to have no regrets when the time comes. Having done a lot of work to this end I am disappointed that I am unable to find a resolve to this issue I have been dealing with. My husband is going thru some mental, spiritual and physical issues which I am trying to deal with as consciously as possible. I’m putting this out there as an intention to receive clarification as to steps I can take to alleviate the severe stress I’m feeling. I have all the tools I can possibly use and yet I am finding I am unable to find realistic alternatives to the pattern we find ourselves in. I know Love is the remedy but how this translates to real life changes (at this stage of life!) is eluding me. Thank you for caring for yourselves and our world. Linda

3 Likes

It was really nice to “meet you” yesterday during the zoom call. Your smile had caught my eye and my heart before you spoke at the end. When you did, I smiled and said to myself, ‘there she is!’ Thank you for sharing yesterday.

Hello Amy. I saw you yesterday on the zoom call and your energy was radiating such love and presence. I am happy to meet you in this sacred space, in this beautiful community.

1 Like

hi every one
I think I am the only one from Australia here :hugs: so the time of meetups I am at work most of the time, unfortunately. I heard about Ram Dass in a podcast few months ago and As soon I started to read about him, the new journey in my life started and everything has changed since then in a beautiful way. I could finish few of his books and another book about Maharaji. I can not imagine the start of my day without hearing few words from here and now podcast. I am so happy to be here and wish love for you all

3 Likes