šŸ“– - Welcome to the Cookbook for a Sacred Life

Thank you for joining along Jeremy! I hope you love the course.

Did you know there is a robust Ram Dass Fellowship community in Atlanta? You can find out more if you search ā€œAtlantaā€ on the Fellowship Finder map here if youā€™d like to connect more with local satsang near you: Fellowship ā€¢ Ram Dass

3 Likes

Ahā€¦thanks Claire! That means a lot. And we are so lucky to have you be a part of the community and Satsang!

1 Like

We love the manatees. I volunteer at Three Sisters Springs where the manatees come in the winter months. It got really warm here last week and most of them swam back out to the Gulf of Mexico already.

4 Likes

Namaste my fellow Sadhaks,

Glad to be on this part of the journey with you. Bought Be Here Now after a psychosis (Or spiritual awakening?) at a meditation retreat in Bali. I was spiraling out of control until I was able to grasp the alternate state of consciousness again with a psychedelic substance. After that researched everything I could find about psychedelics which brought me to Richard Alpert and his work with Timothy Leary at Harvard. Their story from rational (Harvard professors of psychology) to completely against the status quo fascinated me and the rest is history. I know in my heart that they explored something which closely fits within the truth of reality and never looked back since then.

Greetings from Amsterdam, NL! Aum Shanti shanti shanti

3 Likes

Hello - so excited to join you all. Ram Dass has been a blessing to me for many years. His love, lightness and equanimity are a constant inspiration for me. Looking forward to sharing the path with you all
LIsa - Vancouver, canada

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Im Zac from Eugene Oregon. Nice to see weā€™ve already got a few people excited and signed up for this course. Got into Ram Dass awhile ago via Duncan Trussellā€™s enthusiastic and glowing discussions about him and then my interest just expanded since then. I have read Be Here Now. My intention is to deepen my practice, and just soak in and really enjoy these teachings. Ive found no matter if Ive heard a Ram Dass story once or a thousand times before, it finds me at just the right moment in time and applies perfectly to what Im going through in my life. The teachings really are magical. Iā€™m looking forward to this course and interacting with everyone here!

6 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Fallon and joining from Colorado. I think l first met Ram Dass through his book Be Love Now which was an audiobook from my local library. I havenā€™t finished the Be Here Now book, but I have it.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!! I am Cathy from the beautiful Kootenays in BC, Canada. I am looking forward to this journey with all of you and of course Ram Dassā€™s teachings.

3 Likes

Hi
My names is Ursula.
I live in Ireland.
Ram Dass and I are old friends as we all are.
I am.
:pray::v::heart:

2 Likes

Hello - I am from Morgantown, West Virginia, USA. The Mountain State. I own operate and live at a mini-marina on the Monongahela River.
Iā€™m 68yo, and Iā€™ve been practicing yoga for decades. I also started Kundalini Yoga with LFA 2 years agoā€¦ which is heavy into meditations, and presence, and Buddhist philosophy of loving kindness.
Iā€™ve known of Ram Dass for many decades, but since Iā€™m not much of an avid reader, have not read the book Be Here Now.
I am just returning from 6 weeks in India, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand - eye and heart opening.
My intention with this course is to make the most of the present moments and to connect with like-minded people in this wild world, especially nearby.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Mand from Ireland, really looking forward to this course. :heart:

2 Likes

Hi I am Gauri from South Africa. Happy to be connecting with present people. This is such a gift.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, Pasqual from the Netherlands here. Happy to be here and to connect with you all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Love and greetings from England, I look forward to journeying with you all :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Hi everyone from Ireland. Feeling very blessed to have this opportunity and allowing it to strengthen my commitment to living more spiritually.

3 Likes

Hi, Im Billi Jo from Vermont! I just moved from NJ and I miss my local Satsang. I am So happy to be here and look forward to connecting with you all!

My intention is to meet with like-minded souls and perhaps connect locally to create a local sat sang here in the Southern Vermont/New Hampshire/ Massachusettes area. I cant wait to meet you all!

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Greeting you from the South Coast of Uk.
I listen to Ram Dassā€™ lectures on YouTube basically on loop since discovering him in the last couple of years.
My intention in joining the course is to learn more, and get practical so applying the teaching and enhance my life!
Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Hi there,

My name is Corey and I live in Brevard, NC (outside of Asheville).

I started listening to podcasts on the Be Here Now network in early 2016 and they literally saved my mind and opened my heart and my life. I am so grateful for all the people dedicated to sharing the legacy of Ram Dass and all the other spiritual teachers he inspired. The love, joy and compassion that Iā€™ve experienced and witnessed in others is incredible. And Iā€™ve had really hard times too.

Thank you all for being here and Iā€™m looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. My intention is to deepen my practice and be a part of this satsung as there isnā€™t one in my small town. :peace_symbol: :heart: :pray:

4 Likes

Hello ~ Patty from Philly. I am on a journey of seeking more acceptance of self and others and continued self awareness and how I contribute to community, society, my clients, students, family & friends. I am also at the best place I have ever been on this journey, long way to go but have also come a long way. Thank you so much for offering this. I have not yet read Be Here Now!

4 Likes

Hello -

My name is Crystal and I live in New Hill, NC (outside of Raleigh, NC).

My introduction to Ram Dass came from watching Becoming Nobody. Over the past year I have begun listening to Ram Dass Here and Now Podcast and the Mindrolling Podcast with Raghu Markus. I have not read Be Here Now and looking forward to this experience!

I am so grateful for these resources the LSRF has made available to us. Thank you!

3 Likes