What keeps you from living from your heart?

Go to Fellowship • Ram Dass and sign up. Look forward to seeing you there.

1 Like

Somehow I didn’t see this until now, in part because I barely use social media of any kind… But thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciated your words. Namaste.

1 Like

The level of darkness that permeates this world. I find it hard not to feel that and see the level of darkness, see how it operates and corrupts this beautiful world, and gaslights humans into going along with it, from birth. I feel I cannot solely be in loving awareness and not do something to raise awareness, relieve suffering and lift others out of this darkness into the light of our true nature. What hurts my heart is that so many people don’t even see the darkness, don’t want to understand it, and want only to see the light.

6 Likes

Compulsion to keep busy. Fear of loneliness and boredom (which might be related to “compulsion to keep busy”). Anxiety and it’s counterpart, disconnection from Spirit. Grasping for instant gratification. Things like that. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

I think my hearths closed down from deep trauma and hurt - I realized this recently I am afraid to trust. But this course the talks and meditations are good reminders that my heart is not really closed. I like the thing he said about the gray clouds being framed too close that you lose perspective and cant see the sky…but the clouds move - and there it is…

5 Likes

Thanks Gail. The cloud painting metaphor was really insightful to me too. Sometimes it is good to be reminded that we are not seeing the whole picture.

2 Likes

Oh definitely. Especially with attachment and clinging when my attention fixates!

2 Likes