📖 Day 10 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - TIME & SPACE

I love your story about the leaf blower! I also really loved that story of Ram Dass: getting high off meditation, and getting even higher with the fire trucks as a part of it
Often when I am meditating now I will notice and incorporate the sound, rather than getting frustrated that it’s not a “perfect quiet” for my meditation attempts :rofl: What a great lesson!

Infinite cheers and warmth for this feeling! Yes! It is so worth putting in the sadhana / practice / effort to make this feeling a greater part of our “reality.”

1 Like

It was a game changer for me to be sure!! :blush:

1 Like

When I come into present moment there is no time or space. This can bring peace and fear. When I experience peace it is blisfful - I feel absorbtion, connection to the One. When I experience fear, it is the expansive void and the disolving of self into nothingness - separation from self and Self.

1 Like

I am just here now in this present moment hearing the idea of “identifying with the sky.” I will think about that the next time I am looking at clouds or a sunrise or sunset. I have imagined being one with the ocean and actually felt that experience many years ago. Thank you❣️

When I am in the here and now, I often notice some pain somewhere in my body. When I am with others in the here and now, the pain lifts and my focus shifts to what is present for us all - talk, song, chant, meditation, reflection, movement. Movement, meditation, breath bring me to the Present moment and help me stay there. All things are possible Now and no thing is necessary or needed. “All ignorance vanishes in [Thy] Illuminating Presence” Hazrat Inayat Khan from his prayer, Pir.

1 Like

Hello beautiful people :hugs:

As I practice the here & Now whether in meditation or in eye open experience…

I’ve noticed that in meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:t4: I feel a standstill experience of no existence of time lapse… Often this has me fall so DEEP into concentration that i go beyond time…

And when I am mindful of being in this ONLY moment the feels as I have bend time and extended the experience… Days fees like weeks , hours feel like days and become full in ea now moment…

Practicing it now more consc :woman_in_lotus_position:t4:

Adriana :balloon:

Yes, when I am caught in some fear-based moment or even present moment producing anxiety (probably related to fear from past!) the only way I can return to the here and now, present moment, present breath is through connection with the body. My counselor taught me the value of side-to-side, or back and forth alternate body motion to balance the brain and it helps me return to the present moment when I remember. Awareness of Breath going in and out is what I am practicing to remember now.

That’s great , Donna! The body is a wonderful ally. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s such a simple and yet profound thing. :heart:

I find that when I’m able to be present, here and now, I’m just so much more at peace and things seem to go so much smoother. I’m like in a flow.

When I find myself thinking about the past or further, it’s just so much anxiety. I’m and engineer, a planner, a big picture guy. So sometimes it’s hard for me to seperate what makes me good at my job when that same ability causes anxiety in my non-work life.

The kicker is, sometimes when I get in a good flow and can be completely present at work, it allows me to be better at the big picture, planning side of things for work.

It’s a very interesting balance, let me tell ya

1 Like