📖 Day 18 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - DROPPING OUT, COPPING OUT

Hello beautiful people :hugs:

A situation is va them? Hmmm :thinking:

It reminds me of a situation with a client who had being ref to me… Well, this gentleman whom had never cut hair decided to direct the haircut :haircut_woman:t2: every Step of the way with an extremely belittling attitude…

He questioned my abilities, insulted my talents and even called me incompetent. It triggered :triumph: my “EGO” I stood calm and silent til I finished. Walked him to receptionist and let him know we were not a good fit .

It wasn’t til I got home that I finally detached from the situation and found Grand compassion for him. Understanding that his inner world must be in incredible pain…

As I detached and found compassion I realized the polarity was a MIRIOR of self…

A few days prior I was attempting to dictate to my colorist what he should do… “karma” This situation helped me to realized how I too was minimizing the colorist abilities…

:balloon:

3 Likes

As I detached and found compassion I realized the polarity was a MIRROR of self…

I am beginning to hate it when that happens! Yes, I notice it happening now - it (I don’t want to use the word shame) bothers me to realize how many lessons I have missed throughout my life and hopefully, as my ability to stay in the here and now increases, the lessons will decrease. There will still be folks who are in the space of your customer, but staying in the present will at least take the sting away if I later recognize the ‘karma.’ Thank you!

1 Like

Emily, thank you so much for sharing! :heart: I am definitely going to check this book out. Advocating for myself is something I’ve been working on for a long time. It’s easier for me to advocate for others, but for myself I struggle more. I’m looking forward to checking this book out :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for your response Gary. It’s such a wonderful practice, right? I’m glad to hear it’s helped you too :blush: