📖 Day 21 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - CLOSING CELEBRATION

I haven’t had any opportunity to read anything esoteric yet. I did order some books from Fo Guan Shan which I hope to pick up this weekend. Do you have anything to suggest? I totally get into the psychological and ethical philosophies :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not familiar with this specific chant, but I recently came across Krishna Dass Music channel on youtube and am loving it. Do you have a specific video/link to you can share? I would like to check it out.

1 Like

Thank you LSRF!! Grateful for Ram Dass’ journey and sharing. I am more aware that my teachers (teachings) are from all over. I appreciate when it’s dry acknowledge it…maybe move on. There is not a local community where I am. I practice mostly on my own and it’s good to check in with an on-line community or dharma teaching at times. I have a desire to listen to others speaking-teaching-sharing and yet I know this is a distraction from my practice of going inward and thus…this is my next step for a while.
Thank each of you for your comments and sharing~~
Blessings of Love~~~ Sandy

4 Likes

5 Likes

So glad to see you have had a wonderful experience in the 21 day Course with us! There has been so many nuggets, like you said in bite size, that have been a key to this journey to awakening the mind. I can also reflect a lot on the insights that you’ve taken from this course, especially detaching from the senses.
Do you have a favourite DAY from the course?
:pray:t4:
Brittany

3 Likes

This was truly wonderful. I’ve done courses here before but never kept up with it daily like I did with this one. There was something Jackie said in the first zoom call that really made me want to stay consistent with this one every day, and I’m so glad I did. Not only were the lessons so impactful, and I took many notes and will be reading those and practicing all that I learned, but equally as important were the discussion posts. I loved interacting with everyone, sharing our experiences and perceptions, supporting each other… thank you to everyone who makes these courses happen, and to everyone here. You are my family :heart:
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ram Dass! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Please let me know if you feel comfortable taking that on! I would love to participate. I have been listening to the Chalisa on repeat, and also the Krishna Das youtube version with the words. Sometimes when you are doing mantra with others out loud it can be helpful!

1 Like

thanks Zac! That exact Hanuman Chalisa video with Krishna Das is something I regularly listen to and try to follow with the words. I didn’t now there were sometimes online offerings to learn the Chalisa in a group setting. I will stay on the lookout for that.

2 Likes

what an auspicious day! It Ram Dass’ birthday AND Hanuman’s birthday today. Wow. Pretty cool :sparkles:

5 Likes

I have been grateful for this beautiful course throughout a tough couple of weeks in seeing myself in relation to my service.
Watching perspective shift as I hear the mantra in my head and my heart and see who I am serving. Recognizing that all those around me are aspects of self and softening to allow them to be in their role while I am in mine. Certainly afforded me an opportunity to take that step back and observe my behaviour from a different angle.

So grateful to come back to chanting with a new experience. Allowing it to move through me at the most unusual times and places.

Love, serve, remember ……… it is well remembered.

And my favourite “ we are just walking each other home”

Much love and blessings to all …. Hoping to join the zoom today
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Hi everyone :slight_smile: I’m curious, what are your spiritual “routines” if you have one, or what could you imagine yourself doing on a daily basis?

This course, the ritualistic aspect of it especially has been impactful for me. I’d like to create more of a daily practice for myself, because currently it’s more sporadic — still helpful, but I’ve found that I benefit from the structure this course provided. Curious to hear your experiences and practices :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me, paying it forward is important. I just donated to LSRF.
I hope to incorporate mantras and catching up on the Ram Dass dharma talks.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 1.48.11 PM

4 Likes

Hi :wave:

So many however if I had to pick 1… it would be to let go of the “Role” & SEE people through the VEIL into their Soul … And witness how something the SOUL expresses is helping HEAL :mending_heart:the world :earth_americas:

1 Like

So did I ! It is truly amazing work that is done here. :heartbeat:

3 Likes

Awesome!! Lovin it!

3 Likes

Good to see you today! For me, most of my ‘social life’ is online, phone, chat and my practice is to be fully present in all of that. My sangha is online as well and there is at least one spiritual gathering online on zoom for me everyday, so that is what I do daily. I, too, benefit from structure and beyond what I have written, I do not create it for myself. Breathing is a practice I can do on a daily basis, moment to moment and I have T’ai Chi Chih for body meditation or Self-Breema (Breema.org) when 9 am works - not often lately!

Thanks for sharing and being here now.

2 Likes

Thank you!! The donations are always welcomed and appreciated!

3 Likes

It has been one long strange trip indeed. That is a perfect quote
Thank you for being here with all of us.
:pray:t4:

This course has been a gem and came at the most relevant moment. In the closing Zoom, Ram Das’ meditation sunk deep within. The practice of recognizing suffering and working with the breathe to heal it in ourselves and others is special. I signed up for the course catalog for the year and am wondering if one of the other courses delves into mediations healing suffering like this one did. It is similar to Tonglen…thank you everyone for all the offerings and community. <3

2 Likes

Remembering the witness is very helpful indeed! :green_heart: