Access the Course: The Yoga of Heartfulness 4-Week Course • Ram Dass
Have this week’s (and past week’s) teachings given you more leverage and/or hope around the state of the world? Is it possible to even be hopeful? If so, how? If not, what might inspire you? Is having hope helpful?
Some scholars say to create change, we have to:
- Acknowledge the current circumstance as it is.
- Ground ourselves in the energy of gratitude.
- Be able to visualize the change we would like to see.
- Then work toward that change with trust, even in the face of setbacks.
- Or as Ram Dass would say, "We work to end suffering, without attachment to whether suffering ends.
We invite you to this practice today.
- Write down “the state of the world” as you see it.
- Write out a gratitude list - make it long.
- Grounded in that energy, write down your idealized vision for the future. Distill it into a sentence or two.
- Determine a step or two you can take to create that future.
Inspire us with your distilled vision and an action step or two!