{Ram Dass/Alan Watts Week 2} Monday Dharma Talk Follow Up

Feel free to continue the conversation from tonight’s dharma talk with David Nichtern here…

1 Like

Looks like the 100 person cap is on. It’s all good, though. Happy to watch it later. A good lesson on non-attachment to expectations and the impermanence of schedules :lotus: :person_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick action to remove the cap and let us all in! Metta to all!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the dharma talk great content loved the quote from David about the chewing butter not just rocks.

2 Likes

Will the replay become available to watch for those who missed this?

Hi! It’s available now: 🖥️ 10/9 REPLAY - Monday night Dharma Talk Q&A with David Nichtern | Ra

Enjoy!

1 Like

David is so great isn’t he?

2 Likes

(face palm) sorry about that, someone messed with our meeting settings again without us realizing!

2 Likes

I want to apologize to everyone present, for being absent. I had to do some practice on dying. I misread the time and showed up 3 hours too early. I decided to listen to the final section of the yogas of the Gita talk by Ram Dass and my dog came into my room, dying. He was torn to shreds by a large dog, it seems. I heard my inner guru in the voice of Ram Dass saying "I know you didn’t want to be a Bhakti but here we are. I knew then I would spend the night in meditation, my 2nd conscious practice now of being in the valley with a being I love deeply. It has been beautiful but exhausting to anyone who has a heart like mine. It’s hour 15 or something and I came to a natural break. After which I had to remember which being I was. The loyal friend passing on or the yogi preparing. It has been hard, but the Bhakti path, the path of the heart, requires this acceptance. The acknowledged suffering. Saying "ok god, I won’t freak when it gets uncomfortable, frees another, more spacious awareness to come in, which could be called unconditional love. Can’t wait to see the replay, David is always a present, wonderful guru Bhai!
:heart::pray::thinking:

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear of your dog’s suffering and dying, and for your loss. May you both find peace and be at ease. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey, you are doing a fantastic job! Technology is still finnicky, but you have done an excellent job with the community!
I wanted to ask if you had looked into the app “Discord”. It’s free but with a monthly subscription of like $8 or something, you can organize huge zoom style calls, video or audio, you could also organize the events calendar and have name-able channels for the lesson plans and have community channels, just like teachable but much easier and compatible. This also diffuses any qualms ppl have using Facebook tracking their data, it runs better bc of this and I use it to make the entire pipeline of workflow accessible to teams working on 3d art projects or video games. I understand if there are any prior arrangements with the teachable platform, but I know it would help to have everything under one roof, and you can still use the ramdass.org platform to give out the links needed (which are also able to be set to a specific time frame, 24 hrs up to as long as you want the link active). I hope I haven’t overstepped my bounds but if I can help, I have to try! If you would like to know more about the platform just email me. I can make a mock up to show you what it would look like if you are unfamiliar. The cost of subscription needed to un-limit file size and add art to it is only assumed by the owner and would be of no cost to the users and students. Sorry for my absence last night but looking forward to the replay and the thu practicum!
:heart::pray::thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for your presence of mind and kindness. Christ manifests in very distressing forms. :heart:

2 Likes

Isn’t he just I have the Discord thingy but lots of spam on there right now would be great to join the RamDass discord what is the link?