{Ram Dass/Alan Watts Week 3} Thursday practicum connection

Please continue any conversations or asks questions here…

My writing exercise in response to the instruction: “Reflect on a moment when you acted swiftly from your intuition. Contrast with indecision.”

I have almost always acted from intuition. When I have not acted from intuition it’s been when I’ve suddenly been thrown into uncertainty by bullying or someone trying to control my thoughts, actions or movements.

Then I have stopped, been thrown into uncertainty, have to pause, think, discern, and move on. That’s where mind, heart, spirit and integrity join hands and leap.

When did I act from my intuition?

When I was almost certain I had packed my laptop cord, but wasn’t 100% sure. Stop or not to stop?

I stopped. It was there, right where it should have been.

Two hours later, as I was driving south on I-75 along the west coast of Florida, the traffic slowed to a crawl and stopped. We sat for an hour and a half. Nothing moved. Word spread that there had been a bad accident up ahead. Someone had died.

Slowly the traffic began moving again. About one mile down the road, five cars were piled on the side of the road.

Had I not stopped to check for that laptop cord, it night have been six cars and two dead.