Finding Community

I love the Living Dying Project support groups! Ive been on and off attending them since 2020, and its been very helpful. Great organization they’ve got, and interesting concepts and practices too.

2 Likes

Have you listened to Ram Dev’s podcast Healing at the Edge? RamDev Dale Borglum Healing at the Edge Podcast Archives – Be Here Now Network Lot’s of good stuff from him in regards to the Living/Dying Project and what the name of the podcast implies Healing at the Edge of life and death.

2 Likes

I have not yet. I have it on my podcasts but haven’t gotten to it yet. Trying to filter through the various LSRF podcasts to find the ones which relate the best. I’ll be to him shortly. Thank you.

Hi Lisa, here is the link to the Ram Dass fellowships Fellowship • Ram Dass and there are online zoom communities hosted by many different members of the satsang that are great if you are interested in those.

If you’re in Boise or anywhere near it, East Forest holds some beautiful ceremonies there from time to time. Really great way to meet like-minded people. I don’t think he has any upcoming shows in Idaho listed on his website but he’s based out of Boise so keep your eye out.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much! I will definitely check that out.

1 Like

Jeremy, thanks for your great thoughts.

One thing that really comes through in many of RD’s messages is the importance of Satsang. However, it appears that finding a Satsang is a very difficult proposition for many of us. In my case, I live in a very rural part of a very rural state and have found nothing within hours of me. Based on the postings of others, they have experienced this same challenge whether rural or urban.

My question lies in relation to something I heard RD say in a podcast (and perhaps is also general wisdom), namely that you cannot solve a problem with the same thinking that got you in the problem to begin with (I know, poor paraphrase) - the problem being finding fellowship. This seems like it should be an easy fix for people that are used to being ‘out of time’ and learning to be immersed in global connection.

I believe there is a way to solve this challenge for all of us, but I believe it requires a ‘solution’ that we do not see from our current perspectives, e.g., technology. I guess I just want to throw it out there and see what comes back.

How do we make ongoing Satsang connections for all? Is there something we are not seeing?

1 Like

Hi, Katrina, I’m in rural Idaho, and I definitely relate to how you feel. So glad to see your message and know you’re out there nearby. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey, as we keep walking on the path of Unconditional Love for ourselves, others, everything, as long are the meetings with our “clan”, the people that can understand what we have to say and vice versa because they EXPERIENCE the same things, maybe with different ways. And if you want to see someone in the eyes, you must see first your self with total Love, Acceptance, Admiration!

3 Likes

I need to make an update to my reply about being remote and finding fellowship somehow, in a new way.

After I posted my note about being remote and challenged to find a connection, I spent a lot of time thinking about it and ultimately I just said “okay universe, my need is out there. it is up to you and whatever happens happens.” The very next day I was talking with someone I have known for 20 years and we suddenly just went to another plane. We started talking about The Dance and went very deep into our experiences, beliefs and other mind blowing stuff. In all this time we had never connected like that. It changed our relationship instantly.

My learning is that when we truly step away from time attachments we see what we need to see and find what we need. As RD said, the next message you need is always right there with you. Wow, that was fun.

3 Likes

That is fantastic! It’s so nice to find that connection, and the process was truly divine. :green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks Dana, it really was divine. I still have a big grin on my face.

1 Like

Insightful. I do find if my expectations are too rigid I often miss opportunities already available right in front of me. Building community begins with oneself.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Jaspen and I’m here in the Grass Valley/Nevada City California area, and I also spend a good amount of time in Sonoma/Marin counties. I, too, very much desire to connect with like-minded, like-hearted souls in real-life and in person. Because of that I organized a “Loving Awareness Here Now” Sangha that we have here in Nevada City, which is about an hour north of Sacramento, on Friday evenings twice per month. At each gathering we listen to a recorded talk by Ram Dass, have a 20 minute silent meditation, and then have personal sharing as a group. All beautiful souls are welcome to join us when you’re nearby. I’d love to meet you! :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Hey there is anyone planning on going on their own? I am really hoping to attend wondering if anyone is looking to share a room to reduce cost? I know crazy ask but thought worth the inquiry? Also for those who have attended any feedback?

1 Like

Thanks Travis, I believe you are right. The irony (or lesson) is that the other person did not change in any way, the difference is that I have been working on myself and have becomne more open. It was only at the point of my openness that we connected.

I am reading The Only Dance There Is and one of the things RD says is that “despair is the necessary prerequisite for the next degree of consciousness.” I found that to be the case here for me. Only when I had despaired of finding fellowship was I open enough to see it.

3 Likes

I too am in my 50s and many years on the path, with only a few friends who I share this with, including my wife. although she does not pursue the path in the same way, she is supportive generally. I am open to the online community for its ease of access and logistics! I’ve engaged in a few boards since joining the class, so experimenting a bit, which is nice. Thanks for the thoughts and be well everyone

3 Likes

Id love to be friends and discuss how it all is! Im in ct🌄

Does anyone know if there’s satsang anywhere in Maine? If so, please let me know. Many thanks, Nat

Hello all. I’m new to RD. I’d love to connect. I’m in LA area now, but will be in Beijing the next few months.

Cheers …